Sunday, April 4, 2010

Maiden posting

Ahhh... first post. These firsts are always the toughest to start, aren't they? But once the idea sparks in your head, your imagination can sometimes get ahead of your typing. ^^

Welcome to Oriental Flavor, where anything and everything is explored--with an oriental twist, of course.

Why oriental? Because it's who I am, where I come from, and how I came to be. And from time to time, posts will be translated in different languages, depending on the topic in the posts. It's not like it hasn't been done before. I've seen posts redone in a second language.

And before you go "ooh"-ing and "aah"-ing, let me say now that I am not fluent in any other language than what I grew up with. I'll only be tapping into the help of machine translators like Google's translator or worldlingo, or whichever has better translations. Any better ones you'd recommend is welcome!

And why the translations? Because I want to express myself and reach out even to other folks whose first language is not English. And since my succeeding posts would mostly revolve around pop culture, I'd like to go beyond the language barrier and reach out to others who share the same interests.

Do stick around and explore with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment